Associate Technical Support Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job ID: JR0032503
Technical Support Engineer
Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
A little about the role:
Skyhigh Security is looking for you, a Technical Support Engineer with an appetite for learning innovative technologies. In this role, you’ll drive customer satisfaction by independently solving a diverse set of challenges with security-centric solutions. You’ll provide a differentiated service experience for our enterprise customers, delivering relevant outcomes through integrated solutions and support.
About Skyhigh Security:
Skyhigh Security is a dynamic, fast-paced, cloud company that is a leader in the security industry. Our mission is to protect the world’s data, and because of this, we live and breathe security. We value learning at our core, underpinned by openness and transparency.
Since 2011, organizations have trusted us to provide them with a complete, market-leading security platform built on a modern cloud stack. Our industry-leading suite of products radically simplifies data security through easy-to-use, cloud-based, Zero Trust solutions that are managed in a single dashboard, powered by hundreds of employees across the world. With offices in Santa Clara, Aylesbury, Paderborn, Bengaluru, Sydney, Tokyo and more, our employees are the heart and soul of our company.
Skyhigh Security Is more than a company; here, when you invest your career with us, we commit to investing in you. We embrace a hybrid work model, creating the flexibility and freedom you need from your work environment to reach your potential. From our employee recognition program, to our ‘Blast Talks' learning series, and team celebrations (we love to have fun!), we strive to be an interactive and engaging place where you can be your authentic self.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Interact with customers via phone/email to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Provide remote support to resolve product related issues during the POC (Proof of Concept) & post-deployment phase, through research and troubleshooting.
- Debug system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high-level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Evaluate the scope for timely escalation and ensure that critical problems are addressed as per the priority.
- Resolve all technical issues, clearly documenting the analysis and customer communication and action items within the SLA post engagement.
To Fly High in this role, you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology with 2+ years of technical support experience in a large enterprise organization
- A solid understanding of technical support processes and customer management
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Sound fundamentals of TCP/IP, HTTPs, SSO-SAML, SAAS understanding
- Solid, in-depth knowledge of Networking & Security Concepts
- Demonstrated a detail-orientation toward quality, results, and goal achievement
- A solid understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP
- An excellent understanding on application layer protocols (HTTP-HTTPs/SSL), PKI, Network Security – Firewalls/Proxy and SIEMs
- Experience in packet capture/analysis with tcpdump and Wireshark
- Experience in reading and analyzing log files
It would be great if you also have:
- Industry relevant certification such as AWS, Azure, GCP (Google Cloud Platform), CISSP, Cisco, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- Knowledge of Java and SQL
- Scripting language (e.g., Perl, python) experience
- An understanding of cloud platforms like Azure, O365 suite, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Salesforce
- A good understanding of Linux/Unix
Company Benefits and Perks:
Why work here? It’s simple. You are looking for a place you can call home; one that will invest in you, the whole of you. We are a people-first organization: we know that great companies start with great people. If you want to make a real difference and work with a diverse team that is passionate about protecting the world’s data, then come join us! We are here to make the world better, to make you better – let us invest in you.
At Skyhigh Security, we value and embrace diversity and inclusion. Everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans, helping you plan for your future
- Comprehensive Benefit Coverage
- Relax and Recharge! We give excellent Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement and Volunteering
We are serious about our commitment to diversity, which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected statu
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.