Technical Support Engineer
Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Job ID: JR0032339
Technical Support Engineer
Skyhigh Security is looking for you, an experienced Technical Support Engineer with a passion for learning innovative technologies. In this role, you’ll drive customer satisfaction by independently solving complex and diverse sets of challenges with security-centric solutions. You’ll provide differentiated service experience for our largest enterprise customers, delivering relevant outcomes through integrated solutions and support.
About Skyhigh Security:
Skyhigh Security is a dynamic, fast-paced, cloud company that is a leader in the security industry. Our mission is to protect the world’s data, and because of this, we live and breathe security. We value learning at our core, underpinned by openness and transparency.
Since 2011, organizations have trusted us to provide them with a complete, market-leading security platform built on a modern cloud stack. Our industry-leading suite of products radically simplifies data security through easy-to-use, cloud-based, Zero Trust solutions that are managed in a single dashboard, powered by hundreds of employees across the world. With offices in Santa Clara, Aylesbury, Paderborn, Bengaluru, Sydney, Tokyo and more, our employees are the heart and soul of our company.
Skyhigh Security Is more than a company; here, when you invest your career with us, we commit to investing in you. We embrace a hybrid work model, creating the flexibility and freedom you need from your work environment to reach your potential. From our employee recognition program, to our ‘Blast Talks' learning series, and team celebrations (we love to have fun!), we strive to be an interactive and engaging place where you can be your authentic self.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Interact with customers via phone/email to resolve more complex customer issues in a timely manner.
- Provide fully independent remote support to resolve product related issues during the POC (Proof of Concept) & post-deployment phase, through research and troubleshooting.
- Debug system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high-level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Evaluate the scope for timely escalation and ensure that critical problems are addressed as per the priority.
- Resolve all technical issues, clearly documenting the analysis and customer communication and action items within the SLA post engagement.
- Provide guidance to less experienced technical support engineers as needed to assist them in issue resolution, customer communication, escalation, and documentation.
To Fly High in this role, you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology with 2-4 years of technical support experience in a large enterprise organization
- An excellent understanding of technical support processes and customer management
- Superior multi-tasking skills with a strong ability to work well under pressure
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP, HTTPs, SSO-SAML, SAAS understanding
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of Networking & Security Concepts
- A strong demonstrated detail-orientation toward quality, results, and goal achievement
- An excellent understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP
- An excellent understanding on application layer protocols (HTTP-HTTPs/SSL), PKI, Network Security – Firewalls/Proxy and SIEMs
- Demonstrated experience in packet capture/analysis with tcpdump and Wireshark
- Demonstrated experience in reading and analyzing log files, and can guide others
- Preference given to those who possess proven experience with Network Security, Firewall management, Cloud Security, hands on experience with a Proxy, and knowledge of Network Infrastructure.
It would be great if you also have:
- Industry relevant certification such as AWS, Azure, GCP (Google Cloud Platform), CISSP, Cisco, CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- Knowledge of Java and SQL
- Scripting language (e.g., Perl, python) experience
- An understanding of cloud platforms like Azure, O365 suite, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Salesforce
- A good understanding of Linux/Unix
Base Pay Range: $52,500 – 97,500. Actual base pay within this range will depend on varying circumstances, including the work location, individual qualifications, company budget and other operational business needs. Compensation may also include annual bonuses and long-term incentives, subject to various metrics and company policy.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.